VB Advanced User, Help me
Author Message
 VB Advanced User, Help me

Anyone tell me how to send characters ascii code larger than 128
with MSCOMM.OCX

I use the function chr$(a) but when a is larger than 128,it return 0,
Why???

Mon, 08 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Advanced User, Help me

Quote:

> Anyone tell me how to send characters ascii code larger than 128
> with MSCOMM.OCX

> I use the function chr$(a) but when a is larger than 128,it return 0,
> Why???

Hope you put the protocol to 8 bits
Sending true serial port is OK with CHR function
to receive it  try  A$ = Asc(Comm1.Input) and see how is gonna be
don't forget with of word of 7 bits you can't go higher of 127

Fri, 12 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. A please for help from the most advanced VB users

2. An advanced users help is required!!

3. ADVANCED USERS! (HELP

4. Advanced users! (Help needed)

5. Nico's VB Page is for Beginners and advanced users

6. Please help me with advance VB module in Access97

7. Advanced VB Help - Reasonable payment no problem

8. Please help me with advance VB module in Access97

9. VB 4.0 Q: Where find advanced API help

10. VB 6 Need help creating video player (avi/mpeg) with Frame Advance (FF and RF)

11. VB is failing when connecting to MSVBVM50 (advanced help please)

12. Please help me with advance VB module in Access97