Exporting VB Front End For Access
Author Message
 Exporting VB Front End For Access

Hi

I am writing a front end which uses Access type tables. What I need to
know is when I finally distribute this, will the end user need a copy of
Access. What I have done is define Microsoft Access version 7.0 tables
within Visdata. I am hoping that these will be compiled with all the
other necessary files when I run the program that performs the final
setup. But I am not sure

Thanks a lot.

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Exporting VB Front End For Access
No.  You should distribute the necessary access tble with your VB app.
Your end user need not have access.  Just make certain to store all your
app and necessary files in its own folder if possible.
--
____
No Sig

Quote:
> Hi

> I am writing a front end which uses Access type tables. What I need to
> know is when I finally distribute this, will the end user need a copy of
> Access. What I have done is define Microsoft Access version 7.0 tables
> within Visdata. I am hoping that these will be compiled with all the
> other necessary files when I run the program that performs the final
> setup. But I am not sure

> Thanks a lot.

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Packaging a VB front end/Access back end application

2. Access Back End, VB Front End -- Why?

3. Access Back End, VB Front End -- Why?

4. Exporting Access records to MS Word via VB6 front end app

5. Exporting Access records to MS Word vis VB6 front end app

6. Trying to Create a communicator for VB.net Front End and SQL 2000 back end

7. VB Front end dll loses connection to back end SQL server db after an hour

8. Problem Connecting VB front end to C++ back end

9. MS Access 2002 vs VB.net as a front-end to SQL Server data

10. Access 97 - VB front end

11. Access database corruption using vb front ends

12. Should we develop a commercial application in access as front end or VB 6