Question on getting my program using Web browser to access
Author Message
 Question on getting my program using Web browser to access

Hi,

I got a problem. I've written a program in Visual Basic running on PCs.
Everything is fine except some of my users are using Mac. It seems like the
only way out is to get everybody into using the Web browser. Is there some
program or converter whereby I can get my web browser to activate my "exe"
files to execute?

Thanks in advance.

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question on getting my program using Web browser to access
Hi

No - you can't re-deploy VB forms as VB ActiveX Docs for Macs since they
don't have windows services.  But you CAN re-deploy them as ASP web
applications though it is non-trivial and you will have to avoid client-side
Active-X or any tricky IE specific stuff.  Probably only easily  do-able
with simple forms if you need to avoid a lot of re-engineering.  Typically I
find ASP implementations to take two to three times as long as native VB
(and avoid the design-time controls in InterDev at all costs!).

The best solution is to sneak in with a sledgehammer in the night and pound
the macs into a heap of coloured plastic.  You users will thank you for this
in the fullness of time.

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Quote:
> Hi,

> I got a problem. I've written a program in Visual Basic running on PCs.
> Everything is fine except some of my users are using Mac. It seems like
the
> only way out is to get everybody into using the Web browser. Is there some
> program or converter whereby I can get my web browser to activate my "exe"
> files to execute?

> Thanks in advance.

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Web-Browser-Initiated Visual Basic/MS-Access Program

2. Writing programs to access databases with web browsers

3. Web-Browser-Initiated Visual Basic/MS-Access Program

4. Creating a web browser from VB5 using ActiveX document .exe - With Access Database

5. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

6. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

7. Getting an address from a web browser

8. getting a complete load of wed page in web browser control

9. Getting The Web Browser Error?

10. getting a complete load of wed page in web browser control

11. convert vb program to publish in web browser

12. Need VB program to output to web browser