Creating And Writing To An Error Log File
Author Message
 Creating And Writing To An Error Log File

Does anyone have a .BAS or .CLS file that will allow me to log errors
to a log file?

Or perhaps give me some info on how I could create one myself.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating And Writing To An Error Log File
Have you looked at App.StartLogging and App.LogEvent in the on-line docs?
--
Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

Quote:
>Does anyone have a .BAS or .CLS file that will allow me to log errors
>to a log file?

>Or perhaps give me some info on how I could create one myself.

>Thanks in advance, Jim

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating And Writing To An Error Log File
Have you looked at App.StartLogging and App.LogEvent in the on-line docs?
--
Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

Quote:
>Does anyone have a .BAS or .CLS file that will allow me to log errors
>to a log file?

>Or perhaps give me some info on how I could create one myself.

>Thanks in advance, Jim

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating And Writing To An Error Log File
Before you use App.LogEvent, read this:

INFO: App.LogEvent Only Logs in Compiled Applications
Last reviewed: August 7, 1998
Article ID: Q161306
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/3/06.asp

Quote:
>Have you looked at App.StartLogging and App.LogEvent in the on-line docs?
>--
>Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP

>Common Controls Replacement Project Member
>http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

>>Does anyone have a .BAS or .CLS file that will allow me to log errors
>>to a log file?

>>Or perhaps give me some info on how I could create one myself.

>>Thanks in advance, Jim

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating And Writing To An Error Log File
Not a problem...thanx
--
Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp
Quote:

>Before you use App.LogEvent, read this:

>INFO: App.LogEvent Only Logs in Compiled Applications
>Last reviewed: August 7, 1998
>Article ID: Q161306
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/3/06.asp

>>Have you looked at App.StartLogging and App.LogEvent in the on-line docs?
>>--
>>Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP

>>Common Controls Replacement Project Member
>>http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

>>>Does anyone have a .BAS or .CLS file that will allow me to log errors
>>>to a log file?

>>>Or perhaps give me some info on how I could create one myself.

>>>Thanks in advance, Jim

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating And Writing To An Error Log File

2. Creating a log file, then writing folder list to it

3. Making an Event Log Message File in VB (NOT WRITING TO THE EVENT LOG)

4. VBA - Write To File - Simple Log File!

5. Creating a log file of files that have been deleted

6. write runtime error to own log

7. write runtime error to own log

8. Write errors at Windows Nt Event Log

9. Write in the application log or system log

10. Write error at Windows NT Event Log

11. Event Log: Writing to the NT Event Log

12. Write in Application Log or System Log on NT