OCX in VB4 won't Load.
Author Message
 OCX in VB4 won't Load.

I recently downloaded a new control that allows me to play mp3's in my
program. Unfortunately I can not get Visual Basic 4 Professional (vb4 pro)
to load it. I get inside the custom control section where I select the
controls I want in my project the control is not listed and so I have to
click on browse to locate it. It's in the windows/system directory and I
click on OK. and "Cannot Load control
from:"C:\windows\system\##Control#Name.ocx what can I do about it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 OCX in VB4 won't Load.
VB4 has both 16 Bit and 32 Bit IDE's, perhaps you are trying to add a 32 Bit
control into the 16 Bit environment, or vice-versa, they don't mix.

Quote:
> I recently downloaded a new control that allows me to play mp3's in my
> program. Unfortunately I can not get Visual Basic 4 Professional (vb4 pro)
> to load it. I get inside the custom control section where I select the
> controls I want in my project the control is not listed and so I have to
> click on browse to locate it. It's in the windows/system directory and I
> click on OK. and "Cannot Load control
> from:"C:\windows\system\##Control#Name.ocx what can I do about it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 OCX in VB4 won't Load.
Hi Andrew,

did you register your control?
Go in your system directory and type "regsrv32 MyControl.OCX", where
MyControl.OCX is the name of your control.
Rgeistered controls will show up in VBs custom control section.

If regsrv32 has a problem to register the control, then some DLLs are
missing that are needed to run your OCX.

Good luck,
Guido.

Quote:
>I recently downloaded a new control that allows me to play mp3's in my
>program. Unfortunately I can not get Visual Basic 4 Professional (vb4 pro)
>to load it. I get inside the custom control section where I select the
>controls I want in my project the control is not listed and so I have to
>click on browse to locate it. It's in the windows/system directory and I
>click on OK. and "Cannot Load control
>from:"C:\windows\system\##Control#Name.ocx what can I do about it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 OCX in VB4 won't Load.

Quote:
> VB4 has both 16 Bit and 32 Bit IDE's, perhaps you are trying to add a 32
Bit
> control into the 16 Bit environment, or vice-versa, they don't mix.

I'm using the 32-bit version...
On the control's Website it has...

Compatibility
VB 4.0 and up, VC++, MS Office 97 and up, Delphi

So I assume it's a 32-bit Control (Since Office 97 is a win 95 Program

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VB4.0 won't register OCX's built with VC++4.0

2. RDO OCX won't load in design mode

3. Comdl32.ocx won't load

4. vbsql.ocx won't load

5. VB5 : Comdl32.ocx won't load

6. OCX won't load in VB6.

7. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

8. RDO OCX won't load in design mode

9. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

10. COMCTL32.OCX won't load

11. ISCTRLS.OCX won't load