How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?
Author Message
 How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?

Want to be able to shut down a memory residant W98 program with a command,
and not have to ctl-alt-del, selct program to be killed and validate 'end',
because that necessitates to do several manoeuvers I don't want newbies to
perform on my PC.

I have to find a way since : must start stimon.exe to be able to scan. Want
to be able to automatically remove it from memory after scanning is done.
Cannot leave stimon.exe in memory all over the time because of conflicts
with otehr drivers I need more often.

Is there a way to do so ? Windows scripting ? Small VB program ?
Any help appreciated

Thanks

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?
The Windows 98 Resource Kit includes TLIST and KILL. TLIST is a command line
program that lists all Windows tasks with a process ID. KILL will kill the
process whose ID is passed to it. You could kludge these two together
SHELLing from VB.

Eric

Quote:
> Want to be able to shut down a memory residant W98 program with a command,
> and not have to ctl-alt-del, selct program to be killed and validate
'end',
> because that necessitates to do several manoeuvers I don't want newbies to
> perform on my PC.

> I have to find a way since : must start stimon.exe to be able to scan.
Want
> to be able to automatically remove it from memory after scanning is done.
> Cannot leave stimon.exe in memory all over the time because of conflicts
> with otehr drivers I need more often.

> Is there a way to do so ? Windows scripting ? Small VB program ?
> Any help appreciated

> Thanks

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?
Have VB 6 and W98SE. Where can I find these tlist and kill.exe ?
Also am not expert ( am just beginning to learn VB) : how shoud I do exactly
?
Thanks for your so rapid answer !

Quote:
> The Windows 98 Resource Kit includes TLIST and KILL. TLIST is a command
line
> program that lists all Windows tasks with a process ID. KILL will kill the
> process whose ID is passed to it. You could kludge these two together
> SHELLing from VB.

> Eric

> > Want to be able to shut down a memory residant W98 program with a
command,
> > and not have to ctl-alt-del, selct program to be killed and validate
> 'end',
> > because that necessitates to do several manoeuvers I don't want newbies
> > perform on my PC.

> > I have to find a way since : must start stimon.exe to be able to scan.
> Want
> > to be able to automatically remove it from memory after scanning is
done.
> > Cannot leave stimon.exe in memory all over the time because of conflicts
> > with otehr drivers I need more often.

> > Is there a way to do so ? Windows scripting ? Small VB program ?
> > Any help appreciated

> > Thanks

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making a VB Memory Resident Program?

2. memory resident program

3. Memory Resident Program

4. API Hot Key call in VB program to activate another resident program

5. Memory Resident Applications

6. Memory Resident

7. Calling memory-resident procedures

8. Memory Resident (2nd Post)