Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray
Author Message
 Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

I'm using some System Tray Win32 functions in my VB5 SP3 (NT Workstation
V4.0 SP3) application.  They work *almost* OK.  Actually, I've two
problems with my current implementation:

* Putting my application on the System Tray causes the system message box
to get re-located to the bottom right hand corner of the screen.  Only a
reboot seems to fix this according to another Usenet posting found in
www.dejanews.com.  Is this completely correct?  I wasn't able to find
anyone else who'd reported a similar problem so it maybe is something I'm
doing myself that is causing this problem.  Anyone know?  I've read
something about MessageDlgPos() but don't know how to use it?

* As part of the right-click functionality in System Tray, I pop up the
AboutBox of the application proper.  However, I cannot click on OK as focus
isn't on the form, not cannot it be placed using my mouse pointer.  I have
to click on another window on my screen before I can safely return to
AboutBox to click OK.  Why is this happening?

One closing question: Is it possible to alter the right-click menu seen in
the TaskBar to be the same as that seen in the user-defined right-click
System Tray for my application?  It would be nice to have both menus
synchronised?

Many thanks,

James.

--
James A. Lundon, DSC, Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Galway, Ireland.
**CHANGED** mailto: james dot lundon at dscie dot com.  phoneto: 353+91+760541.

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. question about vb5 programs and the system tray

2. VB5 question: How to minimise to system tray?

3. Sys tray annoying problem

4. Minimizing a form to the system tray instead of the taskbar

5. Programming the system tray on the taskbar???

6. System Tray, Service, Taskbar options

7. Taskbar and System tray - ala WinAmp style

8. How to minimize to TaskBar system tray?

9. Add icons on the taskbar (system tray)

10. URGENT -- CD-ROM and system tray icon questions (separate questions)

11. Deployment Problems with VB6 and VB5 on the same Dev Sys

12. Newbie! sys tray help please