Please Help : VB and CDROM
Author Message
 Please Help : VB and CDROM

Hello,

in my program (VB4 16bit) I want the user to be able to choose
between the installed cd rom drives (if more than one) to use
it as source for the program (cd player) !
How can access each installed cd drive within vb ?

Please answer soon...

Thanks in advance

S. Riemer

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help : VB and CDROM

Hello,

Use the windows api function, GetDriveType, which accepts a string
argument indicating the drive letter, i.e. C:

The return value indicates the drive type, which for a CD, will be 5.

See the Win32 SDK for more info.

Declare Function GetDriveType Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetDriveTypeA"
(ByVal nDrive As String) As LongDeclare Function GetDriveType Lib
"kernel32" Alias "GetDriveTypeA" (ByVal nDrive As String) As Long

Alan Davis Southampton, England

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. DISABLE CDROM AND USB --- PLEASE HELP

3. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

4. ?Redirecting VB to read Help Files from new Cdrom Drive

5. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

6. VB Problem, Someone Please, Please Help!!

7. VB Problem, Someone Please, Please Help!!

8. VB DEVELOPES CDROM

9. acrobat and vb on cdrom

10. Need API or VB Method for CD in CDROM Tray

11. VB 3.0 Pro CDROM + manuals wanted

12. How to run a VB .exe directly from a cdrom