Find method in Ado...pls help...
Author Message
 Find method in Ado...pls help...

I have this code running in my app to find record:

adoPrimaryRS.Find "[CaseNo]='" & CmbSearch & "'", , adSearchForward

My question is if this is a correct code, how can I then go to the
record that I found.

For example if the find method found that record how can I display it
as current record.

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:39:53 GMT
 Find method in Ado...pls help...
jaYPee

When the record is found, the cursor is pointing to that record.

   adoPrimaryRS.Find "[CaseNo]='" & CmbSearch & "'", , adSearchForward
   txtBox.Text=adoPrimaryRS.Fields("CaseNo").Value   'You can display any
other or all the fields in the txtboxes.

Sukesh

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:36:33 GMT
 Find method in Ado...pls help...
throw a heap of textboxes or labels onto a form, and and either
    a    link them to adoPrimaryRS through (textbox or label) properties,
or
    b    load them via programming ie
            textbox1.text = adoPrimaryRS("<your field names>")
            textbox2.text=adoPrimaryRS("<your next field name>")
            etc
 This is very basic programming - VB, foxbase, dbase, Delphi etc
which planet is your home???
Argusy

Quote:

--
Increasing your RAM only makes the error messages faster

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:35:29 GMT

1. .addnew method ADO does not work pls help

2. ADO find method compare with DAO findfirst method...

3. I Need Help ADO Find Method

4. POST method NOT WORKING... pls help

5. Help Pls, License not found: MS Mask.ocx

6. ADO Help pls - really small issue

7. A little ADO help PLS

8. Pls need help with ADO

9. A little ADO help PLS

10. Ado gurus pls help

11. Problem connecting to Access2000 database...pls, pls help.

12. ADO Recordset find method