Problems with a VB6 app and Windows NT Terminal Server/Citrix Metaframe 1.8
Author Message
 Problems with a VB6 app and Windows NT Terminal Server/Citrix Metaframe 1.8

The only problem I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe the
developers used "No compatibility" rather than "Binary Compatibility" when
compiling or possibly did NOT increment the version number during compile so
as to ensure the overwriting of the app on install.
Quote:

>I support a Windows NT Terminal Server 4.0 (SP4) with Citrix Metaframe 1.8,
>with both local LAN line & dial in users. Users access an application
>written in Visual Basic that utilizes Microsoft Transaction Server (on a
>separate box).

>Since shortly after the installation of Service Pack 4 (and a minor update
>to the application, which the programmers SWEAR was cosmetic), we have been
>getting the following errors (in various combinations)

>(1) Run Time error 372 - Failed to load control StatusBar from
>Mscomctl.ocx. Your
>version of Mscomctl.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the
version
>of the control that was provided with your application.

>(2) Run Time error 484 (problems printing, don't have the specific error)

>These happen to both dial in and local IP users. The strange thing is, the
>problems go away when I delete the user's profile (or the symptoms go away,
>anyway). I don't know if WTS Service Pack 5 will specifically help this
>problem or not, but we have set up a test server and plan to have users
>begin hitting it on Monday.

>I strongly suspect it is something in theVB program, but I am a systems
>admin and NOT a programmer.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what
>might be causing this? We have two boxes and both have the same problems.
>Any insight would be appreciated...thanks!
>______
>Troy Brazile

>Little Rock, AR

-
>----

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 on Citrix Metaframe server

2. VB6 memory leak only when run on Citrix\Metaframe

3. Users Logged on in Citrix Metaframe server

4. Problems with VB apps running under NT Terminal Server

5. Terminal Server Citrix and Drivelistbox/Dirlistbox

6. Citrix / Terminal End Server

7. VB Apps running under NT terminal Server

8. Can't run VB6 program on Window NT 4 terminal server

9. VB6 Application and NT Terminal Server

10. Need Senior N tier VB developer with Citrix metaframe

11. Need Senior N tier VB developer with Citrix metaframe

12. crystal reports 8 & citrix metaframe