Tricky 'Dir' function
Author Message
 Tricky 'Dir' function

I am trying to write some code to create an array of directories on a tree.
 I am using a pattern that has been successful in the DOS version using
some assembly calls (RegType kind).

Trying to use the Dir functon as 'Dir (Path$, vbDirectory)' where
vbDirectory is 16, I am also retrieving filenames.  The VB4 language
reference says: 'calling Dir with the vbDirectory attribute dos not
continually return subdirectories'.  In DOS this shortcoming can be handled
by looking at the retrieved dir/file data.  Any way to do this on VBWin??

Jon G
--
Jon A Gjerl?w (Gjerlow) MD
Dept of Anesth, Aust-Agder Sentralsh, N-4800  Arendal, NORWAY

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Tricky 'Dir' function

Quote:

> I am trying to write some code to create an array of directories on a tree.
>  I am using a pattern that has been successful in the DOS version using
> some assembly calls (RegType kind).
> Trying to use the Dir functon as 'Dir (Path$, vbDirectory)' where
> vbDirectory is 16, I am also retrieving filenames.  The VB4 language
> reference says: 'calling Dir with the vbDirectory attribute dos not
> continually return subdirectories'.  In DOS this shortcoming can be handled
> by looking at the retrieved dir/file data.  Any way to do this on VBWin??

[snip]

The GetAttr function can tell you whether a file is really a
directory name. There are also FileLen and FileDateTime
functions.

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Listing Dir's inside Dir's

2. DIR function doesn't recognize file

3. DIR() function (I'M SO PISSED AGAIN)

4. Dir function won't work in ActiveX DLL

6. 'Dir' and 'vbDirectory'

7. Undefined function 'replace' in expression

8. Code for a 'select budget' function

9. problems when using 'fix' function

10. Undefined Function 'xyz' in Expression

11. Undefined function 'Left' in expression

12. Which ActiveX supports 'CreateObject' function