Visual Basic 6 Winsock Problem
Author Message
 Visual Basic 6 Winsock Problem

Hi all,

I'm having a problem in VB6 that I can't seem to resolve and was wondering
if it was a common problem (or if I'm doing something wrong).

I have a class which uses a winsock control to connect to a mail server.
The class works fine as long as the mail server exists on a remote machine,
if the mail server is local then the connection never connects and times
out.

Anybody else had this kind of problem?

Tony Hearn

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:27:58 GMT
 Visual Basic 6 Winsock Problem

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I'm having a problem in VB6 that I can't seem to resolve and was wondering
>if it was a common problem (or if I'm doing something wrong).

>I have a class which uses a winsock control to connect to a mail server.
>The class works fine as long as the mail server exists on a remote machine,
>if the mail server is local then the connection never connects and times
>out.

>Anybody else had this kind of problem?

>Tony Hearn

Not sure if this will help, but you might want to check out this
Google newsgroup archive entry:

http://tinyurl.com/8b6n

Tony

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:37:28 GMT

1. Visual Basic ftp winsock inet problem

2. Visual Basic Winsock senddata problem

3. Visual Basic ftp winsock inet problem

4. ftp-client problem using winsock control in visual basic 6

5. This make me very angry (Winsock 2 and Visual Basic Winsock Control)

6. Visual Studio .Net causing Visual Basic 6 problem?

7. Visual C++/Visual Basic/COM problem

8. Problem in Visual Visual Basic

9. Scaling Printer Device Context between Visual Basic 4.0 and Visual C++ Problem

10. ActiveX created in Visual C++ 6 gives problems in Visual Basic 6

11. Visual Basic/Visual Sourcesafe problem

12. Visual Basic 4 Socket communication (WinSock) Need Help!