Tired old question about text boxes
Author Message
 Tired old question about text boxes

I know this has been asked at least a million times before but how can I
overcome VB's inherent 32k limit on text boxes?  I know there VBXs available
to do it, but is there anyway of doing it programatically?

Answers on a postcard....

Cheers

Ian

This is my sig - it's empty.

Sat, 28 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Tired old question about text boxes

Quote:

>I know this has been asked at least a million times before but how can I
>overcome VB's inherent 32k limit on text boxes?  I know there VBXs available
>to do it, but is there anyway of doing it programatically?

Yoy can't overcome it, but...

Take a look at something called bigfoot.zip
( ftp://ftp.cica.indiana.edu/pub/pc/win3/programr/vbasic/ )

It's done solely in code...

Dag Sunde

Sun, 29 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Tired old question about text boxes

Quote:

>>I know this has been asked at least a million times before but how can I
>>overcome VB's inherent 32k limit on text boxes?  I know there VBXs available
>>to do it, but is there anyway of doing it programatically?

>Yoy can't overcome it, but...

>Take a look at something called bigfoot.zip
>( ftp://ftp.cica.indiana.edu/pub/pc/win3/programr/vbasic/ )

Bigfoot is for file viewing.  (and it is great for that, but if you need to
EDIT the text, you need to get a hold of the Early Morning Editor.  Here is
info from it's readme file.

--- quoting---
 The Early Morning Editor Control is a text editor control for
 Visual Basic that can handle large amounts of text.  The control has these
 useful features...
 ...handles lines up to 64K in size.
 ...can handle a practically unlimited (2,147,483,647) number of lines.
 ...supports line and column blocks as well as stream blocks.
 ...supports fixed as well as proportional fonts.
 ...can automatically load and save whole files.
 ...multi-level Undo/Redo
 ...built-in Search/Replace functionality
 ...drag and drop text selections
 ...user definable margins around the text
 ...can be programmed/controlled from Visual Basic/C++.

 The control comes with integrated online help and a sample program.

 Unlicensed copies of the Early Morning Editor Control are 100% fully
 functional so that you can thoroughly evaluate it.  Unlicensed copies
 also have a nag screen that appears at most once whenever the control
 is loaded into memory and an instance of the control is created, this
 shouldn't affect your ability to evaluate the control.  The registered
 version of the control is the same as the unregistered version but has
 no nag screen.  Registration is $30.

--- end of quote --
I got my copy from the Shareware Archive at CSUSM
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )  The file name is
emed16b.zip.  File size: 205728 bytes.

Hope this helps!
{*filter*} Donohue

www:     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dickdono/web

Mon, 30 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Question - Moving from text box to text box (without tab)

2. Newbie question: Rich Text Box vs. Text Box

3. dear text box guru(s): fancy text box question...

4. Old question: Apostrophes in text.

5. GWbasic question (OLD Language for OLD user)

6. Text box text on new page text box

7. stupid question about saving text box text

8. Some [hopefully] easy questions - text and rich text boxes

9. Text Box Text Displays Question

10. Question: 3D Text Boxes/Input Boxes

11. tired of always having to ask questions?

12. using VB text boxes data but not text boxes in word 2000