Sending Key Strokes to Hidden DOS apps
Author Message
 Sending Key Strokes to Hidden DOS apps

HI !

I have found PushKeys function that allows me to send key strokes to a dos
application which I have run from shell command (using vbNormalFocus mode).
This is all right. But if I then change the dos application to vbHide mode
( ie. hidden / background running dos application) it does not seem to be
able to send the keys to the hidden dos apps.

Any ideas? Please email me . thanks
--
CKLim

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending Key Strokes to Hidden DOS apps
Hi,

I wrote PushKeys, and it specifically sends keystrokes to whatever app has
the focus. If your app is invisible or whatever, it will simply send
keystrokes to the app that does have the focus.

Remove trailing X to send sno-spam email

Quote:

>HI !

>I have found PushKeys function that allows me to send key strokes to a dos
>application which I have run from shell command (using vbNormalFocus mode).
>This is all right. But if I then change the dos application to vbHide mode
>( ie. hidden / background running dos application) it does not seem to be
>able to send the keys to the hidden dos apps.

>Any ideas? Please email me . thanks
>--
>CKLim

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with sending function keys and cursor keys to DOS app

2. how can i send the menu key as a key stroke

3. sending keys from VB to dos APP

4. Sending Keys To Dos Apps

5. Why can't program send keys to a dos shelled app

6. Spawning process and sending key strokes to it???

7. Sending Key Strokes

8. Getting key Strokes from other apps

9. Hide DOS app created with CreateProcess API?

10. Killing a Hidden DOS App

11. Running hidden DOS apps

12. Sending keys to a minimized/hidden window...how?