Curious ADO error - for the GURUs out there
Author Message
 Curious ADO error - for the GURUs out there

Hi!

I am currently developing a client-server system. It's actually ready for
BETA.

However we have reinstalled our clients with new software (running Win95 SR2
with Iexplorer 5.0).

My system was running fine under the old installation - I'm using a
connectionstring with OLEDB.3.51.

Under the new setup the system demands a connectionstring with OLEDB.4.0.

That's OK - if only my system could comply.

BUT! when running the application everything works fine right up until the
moment any change has to be made (only observed so far in connection with
AddNew).

The error is simply Err = -2147217887. Error = 'Errors occurred'.

I am using the Adodc control, Visual Basic 6.0  SP3 Enterprise.

What is causing the error?

If I want to keep the 3.51 then what files do I need to make sure are copied
to the client machines?

An urgent reply would be appreciated.

THANX

Niels

Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. error curious

2. university EMR send outs

3. on the outs

4. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

5. How to handle print outs in VB?

6. Filesystem Time outs

7. Session Variable Time-outs

8. Time-outs

9. Need help with time outs

10. An ADO.Net DataAdapter Update Philosophy Question for the MS gurus

11. ADO or DAO gurus ?

12. Need Help From An ADO Guru