Problem retrieving large text fields from SQL Server
Author Message
 Problem retrieving large text fields from SQL Server

We are having problems trying to retrieve large chunks of text that
are stored in a "text" data type from our M$ SQL Server databases.
When the data in the text field exceeds a certain length, it gets
truncated when bringing it back into VB.

Does anyone have any good advice on how to deal with this problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
--
J. Boyd Nolan, PE

Voice:(405) 739-1916    FAX:(405) 739-1095
Boeing Aerospace Operations

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem retrieving large text fields from SQL Server

Quote:

>> We are having problems trying to retrieve large chunks of text that
>> are stored in a "text" data type from our M$ SQL Server databases.
>> When the data in the text field exceeds a certain length, it gets
>> truncated when bringing it back into VB.
>What kind of code are you using to read in this text file?

Sorry I left out some details....We are currently using DB Lib and SQL
Server 6.0.
--
J. Boyd Nolan, PE

Voice:(405) 739-1916    FAX:(405) 739-1095
Boeing Aerospace Operations

Wed, 24 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server Large Text Fields

2. Project: Retrieving text fields from SQL Server 6.5

4. Using SQL Server to store large text files

5. How to retrieve a bitmap-image from a SQL Server image field using ADO

6. Retrieving SQL Server Text data type in VB.NET

7. Sample Text file - Retrieve data elements and write to SQL Server DB

8. Problems with large text fields (VARCHAR(1500) in Oracle with RDO 2.0

9. Large SQL Server 7 Database Problem from VB6

10. SQL - problem retrieving a blob type field into a recordset

11. SQL - problem retrieving a blob type field into a recordset

12. Problems retrieving data from SQL-server