Displaying pictures in reports
Author Message
 Displaying pictures in reports

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how I can display bitmaps in Visual Basic reports?

I have a database, with a field (named "ImagePath"), and for every record in
the database, I need to display a different picture on my report - the
pictures being files pointed to by the ImagePath field.

I have tried using something like:

   NewBitmap = rsFileList.Fields("ImagePath")

   rptMainReport.Sections("Command1_Detail").Controls("Image1").Picture =
LoadPicture(NewBitmap)

Inserted into the MoveComplete method for the record set, set up in the
enviroment.

This worked for updating the form, but for the report I get the message:

Run time error '438':
Object doesn't support this property or method.

This indicates to me that the picture cannot be changed at run time. Am I
correct? If so, is there any other way of doing this?

Alternatively, I've also set the reports up in my Access database. Is there
any way that I can run the Access report from my Visual Basic application
instead?

Many thanks in advance
Simon Reason

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:12:39 GMT

1. Displaying pictures in reports or running Access reports from VB

2. How to display pictures on data report?

3. displaying pictures in a picture box

4. Bound Picture control in VB3: can't display picture from .MDB file

5. Inserting a picture into a Crystal Reports report at runtime

6. Inserting a picture into a Crystal Reports report at runtime

7. Making Crystal Reports display memo fields without messing up other parts of the report

8. VB to Execute Access Report - Access report displayed on Web

9. Print a report via crystal reports without print dialogue displaying

10. Need to display multiple lines mini report within one record in a report

11. How to display the Crystal Reports Report Design Component (RDC) in an ASP application

12. How to display report name in report?