Bind image control to database field?
Author Message
 Bind image control to database field?

My application is written in VB4 16-bit.  I've got an Image control on my
form, and I want to fill it with a bitmap that's stored in a table in an
Access database.  I figured it would be as easy as setting the DataSource
the dao object which contains the dataset of my table, and setting the
DataField to the field that contains the bitmap.  No go.  VB always says
"Invalid Picture" when I change the record in the dao object.  My other
idea
was to use Image1.Picture = daoFamily.Dataset("View3"), where View3 is the
field that contains the bitmap.  Again, no success.  This time, I got a
type
mismatch error.  Anyone know a good way to do this?  Thanks.

Chris.

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

2. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

3. binding a datafield of type image to an image control

4. ORACLE: Load an image into a Graphic control from a Database field

5. NEWBIE : Unable to bind field or Member Image

6. Binding a PictureBox to a SQL image field

7. Unable to Bind Image field with ADODB

8. PictureBox won't bind to OLE Object image field

9. Fill in Image controls from SQL image fields

10. Binding field controls on control (form) within datarepeater cont rol

11. Problem binding a bitmap image to a database

12. Datagrid field order from bound access database wrong