Advice on HOW TO PRICE SOFTWARE?
Author Message
 Advice on HOW TO PRICE SOFTWARE?

I understand that pricing varies.  But I am about to cut a deal for a program
that I am writing and I would appreciate if people could tell me what they is
a standard or reasonable percentage of gross profits that one should get for
writing the software.  In this case, we are writing software where the
intellectual content is done by a medical professional.  So much of the
selling point of the program is based on the doctor's expertise.  Not just the
quality of our programming.  So this, I would assume, lessens the amount that
we can expect to get for royalties.  I estimate the program will take us about
50-60 hours to write.  So could people write me at my E-Mail address and
suggest percentages of gross profits that seem reasonable.  Thanks in advance,
Josh.

P.S. Please respond to my E-Mail account if possible.

Joshua Micah Marshall
Brown University

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 09:33:20 GMT
 Advice on HOW TO PRICE SOFTWARE?

Quote:
>  I estimate the program will take us about
> 50-60 hours to write.

That means that it should actually take 100-120 hours to write (;-)

--
Mike Coleman              "The secret of success in business is
Allegheny R&D, Inc.       sincerity.  As soon as I learn to fake

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 22:10:16 GMT
 Advice on HOW TO PRICE SOFTWARE?

Quote:

>>  I estimate the program will take us about
>> 50-60 hours to write.

>That means that it should actually take 100-120 hours to write (;-)

>--
>Mike Coleman              "The secret of success in business is
>Allegheny R&D, Inc.       sincerity.  As soon as I learn to fake
>Pittsburgh, PA            sincerity, I'll have it made."

Mike, but you forgot to add the other 100-120 hours that it will take to
make revisions and document the program :-)

Carl Petito

Sun, 31 Aug 1997 04:02:49 GMT

1. software in special price

2. software in special price

3. BORLAND, VISUAL, C++, DELPHI SOFTWARE FRO CHEAP PRICE

4. BORLAND, VISUAL, C++, DELPHI SOFTWARE FRO CHEAP PRICE

5. BASIC, VISUAL BASIC, C++, DELPHI SOFTWARE FRO CHEAP PRICE

6. Low prices on Software !!!!!!!!!

7. Pirate Software From Macau at CHINESE prices-ipk@macau.ctm.net

8. Pirate Software From Macau at CHINESE prices-ipk@macau.ctm.net

9. Where can I find online resources for software development advice

10. Advice/Opinions on selling software

11. Need Advice: License My Software for Resale

12. Where can I find online resources for software development advice