VB6 Apps in Windows XP
Author Message
 VB6 Apps in Windows XP

Hi!

        Did someone check out if VB6 app work normally with Windows XP?  I'm a
bit afraid that XP might have some 'accidental' incompatibilities with VB6
that could 'encourage' us to migrate to VB.NET... :-(

'Fernando

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:04:08 GMT
 VB6 Apps in Windows XP
It does .. and if you want to see a pix of a VB6 app under XP (with no
coding for the UI), see
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/neet/mdiownedwindows.htm

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Hi!

> Did someone check out if VB6 app work normally with Windows XP?  I'm a
> bit afraid that XP might have some 'accidental' incompatibilities with VB6
> that could 'encourage' us to migrate to VB.NET... :-(

> 'Fernando

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:09:12 GMT
 VB6 Apps in Windows XP
Yes it does. I have installed my app on Windows XP and it works great!

dave

Quote:
> It does .. and if you want to see a pix of a VB6 app under XP (with no
> coding for the UI), see
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/neet/mdiownedwindows.htm

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic

> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> > Hi!

> > Did someone check out if VB6 app work normally with Windows XP?  I'm a
> > bit afraid that XP might have some 'accidental' incompatibilities with
VB6
> > that could 'encourage' us to migrate to VB.NET... :-(

> > 'Fernando

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:50:14 GMT

1. Simple VB6 App in Windows XP, Runs great as Admin, but Faults as User

2. Use look and feel of Windows XP in Windows NT with VB6

3. How to create a Windows XP Visual Styles App in VB.net

4. Running VB5 app in Windows XP.

5. Visual Basic 6.0 app on windows XP operating system

6. Moving VB app with Windows Imaging to XP

7. Moving working app from Windows ME to XP crashes

8. VB6 App with XP look

9. XP looking controls on VB6 apps

10. VB6 App & XP = Crash

11. VB6 on Windows XP

12. VB6.0 on Windows XP installation problem