Intranet Browser
Author Message
 Intranet Browser

Hello, I'm a vb newbie. I need to know what the vb equivalent to the
wild card " *.* " in msdos/windows.  For example, I want to create a
specialized browser for my company's intranet, and I want the browser
to only be able to view the company's web site.  So I want it to view
" http://www.*-*-*.com/ *.*" and no other sites.

If MyBrowser.LocationURL = http://www.*-*-*.com/ *.* then
Goto 31337
Else
Call RestrictedSiteSub
End if

The wild card my not be the way to go about doing this. So, how would
you go about doing this? Please try to keep it in terms my newbie self
will be able to comprehend. However, any input would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Tue, 11 May 2004 11:49:42 GMT
 Intranet Browser
Bob:

Howdy.  Per your example, try something like:

private const URLMask = "http://my.company.com/"
If left$(MyBrowser.LocationURL),len(URLMask))=URLMask then
    Goto 31337
Else
    Call RestrictedSiteSub
End if

chris judge

Quote:

> Hello, I'm a vb newbie. I need to know what the vb equivalent to the
> wild card " *.* " in msdos/windows.  For example, I want to create a
> specialized browser for my company's intranet, and I want the browser
> to only be able to view the company's web site.  So I want it to view
> "http://my.company.com/*.*" and no other sites.

> If MyBrowser.LocationURL = http://my.company.com/*.* then
> Goto 31337
> Else
> Call RestrictedSiteSub
> End if

> The wild card my not be the way to go about doing this. So, how would
> you go about doing this? Please try to keep it in terms my newbie self
> will be able to comprehend. However, any input would be greatly
> appreciated.

> Thanks!

Tue, 11 May 2004 13:55:00 GMT

1. Intranet Browser and HTML OCX

2. retreive client connected computername via browser thru intranet site

3. Launching default Browser and displaying local intranet page

4. Launching default Browser and displaying local intranet page

5. HowTo: Launch default browser from Windows Control running in IE browser

6. Browser Control & Browser Version

7. Determining which browser is Default Browser in VB5?

8. browser to browser

9. Web browser control, .Document object browser/viewer?

10. how do I indentify new data from the server to the browser in a browser control

11. web browser experts needed for helping with the creation of the best internet browser(freeware)

12. How do I set my custom browser as the default browser