Field Validation or Input checking
Author Message
 Field Validation or Input checking

Hi,

I am new to VB 5.0 coming from Pascal.  I am just
getting the hang of the object oriented concept and
have a question related to a project that I am
working on.

I am interefacing with an access database and have
used the forms wizard to generate data input forms.

The problem I am having is when a user does the
following or something similar.  User inputs a
string value where the form is expecting a number.
Of course the program chokes and crashes.  I know I
need to add a routine to check the contents of the
textbox before the data from the form gets written
to the database.  In pascal I would have just
written an input routine procedure.

My question is does Visual Basic have built in
routines to do this or must I write some code for
each text box?

Any help appreciated.

Brendin

Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. field validation and input checking

2. check input field, only numbers accepted

3. Passing the validated fields value to custom method in a field level validation

4. Problems with a user input data validation module

5. How to implement validation input ??

6. Need suggestions for input validation

7. input validation

8. Using Keypress event for input validation

9. Text input and validation just like Win95/98 IP address entry

10. Input Validation Help

11. User Input Validation

12. Form input validation international phone number