Error 429 activex componant failed someware!!
Author Message
 Error 429 activex componant failed someware!!

Hi,

I have VB5 with service pack 3.  My computer is a PII 300 runing windows
98.

When I compile a program and create an install using install shield
express V2.04 and then install this on a computer running windows 95 My
program gives a 429 error refering to an activex control not
registered.  The VB program uses DAO and I suspect it may be the
problem.  I have had two controls not register on instalation.  These
are Stdole2.tlb and dao2535.dll.  I have fixed the STDold2 file by using
the one in the redist area of install shield.  I have grabed older
version of the DAO dll's but all does not come right untill I compile on
a clean version of win95.

I have formated a computer with a clean version of windows 95 and then
installed VB and install shield.  When I compile my code and create the
install......  everything works on other computers.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is to cause the conflict or am I
doomed to have to formating clean versions of win95 just to compile my
software for others to use???

Thanks
Neil

--
This message came to you from Parkie's hangar and Garage
22 Taylor Street,Ohauiti,Tauranga,New Zealand

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX control within ActiveX control Licencing Error 429

2. VB5/ActiveX error 429 w/no ActiveX components

3. ActiveX component can't crerate object, error # 429

4. Error 429: ActiveX compnent cannot create object

5. Error 429, ActiveX component can not create object

6. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

7. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

8. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create component

9. Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

10. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object

11. Error 429: ActiveX Component cannot create object

12. Activex Component Can’t Create Object - Runtime Error 429