MDI Child frame size
Author Message
 MDI Child frame size

Hi,

Im having problems with my child-frames. In properties I put in the
value I want the frames to have when opened but when I run the program
and open the frames, they are all too big.

How can I set the size I want them to have when I open them?
--
Stefan Fredriksson     -      Halmstad
UIN: 218871            -      Sweden

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:11:25 GMT
 MDI Child frame size

Quote:

> Hi,

> Im having problems with my child-frames. In properties I put in the
> value I want the frames to have when opened but when I run the program
> and open the frames, they are all too big.

> How can I set the size I want them to have when I open them?

I fixed it. Right after sending I tired to use in formload
me.width = xxx
me.height = xxx

I still dont understand why it doesnt use the numbers I put in
properties.

/Stefan

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:15:14 GMT
 MDI Child frame size
Child windows in a MDI application, by its default nature, prevents the
setting the size of a child form - the mdi parent is windows assumes that
responsibility. Overriding this is totally against the MDI grain, and
personally, should you feel this is necessary, I would rethink the app to
provide the user with the experience they expect, not what you want them to
have.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

: >
: > Hi,
: >
:
: I fixed it. Right after sending I tired to use in formload
: me.width = xxx
: me.height = xxx
:
: I still dont understand why it doesnt use the numbers I put in
: properties.
:
: /Stefan

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:39:20 GMT
 MDI Child frame size

Quote:

> Child windows in a MDI application, by its default nature, prevents the
> setting the size of a child form - the mdi parent is windows assumes that
> responsibility. Overriding this is totally against the MDI grain, and
> personally, should you feel this is necessary, I would rethink the app to
> provide the user with the experience they expect, not what you want them to
> have.

Ahh, yes. I understand this now. Lets say I want to save the settings
that someone has made to the child frames, how would I go about to do
this? I mean the size and place they are at?

Quote:

--
Stefan Fredriksson     -      Halmstad
UIN: 218871            -      Sweden
http://w1.351.telia.com/~u35105148/
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:21:20 GMT

1. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

2. Minimum Size property ignored for MDI child forms

3. question about mdi forms and the size of their child forms

4. Control MDI Child minimized size and position

5. MDI child form size and position problem

6. MDI Child Opening Window Size?

7. MDI child form size problem

8. Saving MDI Child forms, size and location?

9. MDI Child size problem

10. MDI child forms, hide/show/restore size problem

11. MDI Child Window Startup Size?

12. Help: MDI Child Form Sizing