Using Access 2000 databases with VB5?
Author Message
 Using Access 2000 databases with VB5?

Hello all,

    Yesterday, I upgraded to Office 2000 Professional and everything went
fine.  Upon opening an Access 97 database with Access 2000, I noticed that
the database format had once again changed.  I started to fear the worse and
my fears were confirmed, my Visual Basic 5.0 application had problems with
this new format.  I switched to DAO 3.6, thinking it would solve the
problem, but the data controls seem to use version 3.5, because upon doing a
refresh, I get a "Run-time error '3343': Unrecognized database format"
message.  Is there an updated version of the data control for Visual Basic
5.0 that supports Access 2000 databases?

--
ric Caron
MID Multimdia

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Access 2000 databases with VB5?
http://microsoft.com/data/

Microsoft Data Access Controls (MDAC) is at v2.1. Access 2000 has
problems with ODBC without this; I suppose it might help for VB5, but go
and read the page before you install.

(ie, I'm not responsible if it doesn't work!)

Al

Quote:

> Hello all,

>     Yesterday, I upgraded to Office 2000 Professional and everything went
> fine.  Upon opening an Access 97 database with Access 2000, I noticed that
> the database format had once again changed.  I started to fear the worse and
> my fears were confirmed, my Visual Basic 5.0 application had problems with
> this new format.  I switched to DAO 3.6, thinking it would solve the
> problem, but the data controls seem to use version 3.5, because upon doing a
> refresh, I get a "Run-time error '3343': Unrecognized database format"
> message.  Is there an updated version of the data control for Visual Basic
> 5.0 that supports Access 2000 databases?

> --
> ric Caron
> MID Multimdia
> Programmation / Dveloppement

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. App in VB5 using Access97 incompatible with machine using Access 2000

2. App in VB5 using Access97 incompatible with machine using Access 2000

3. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

4. Importing an Access 2000 table into another Access 2000 database with VB Code

5. Can I use Access 2000 database with VB5?

6. problems opening access 2000 db using vb5

7. using vb5 and access 2000

8. using access 2000 and vb5

9. Using Access 2000 Database on VB 6

10. Using a access database with Outlook 2000 as interface

11. using vb to set and unset password for access 2000 database

12. VB6 and Access 2000 Database using data control