******Help*****
Author Message
 ******Help*****

      In Visual Basic 3.0 I usually close a form with the code:
(form).hide.  This is inconvienent because If I accidently close the
second at run time I have to restart the aplication.  If you know the
answer to this problem  please Write.  Thanks

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 09:13:21 GMT
 ******Help*****

Quote:

>Subject: ******Help*****
>Date: 9 Mar 1995 20:13:21 -0500
>      In visual basic 3.0 I usually close a form with the code:
>(form).hide.  This is inconvienent because If I accidently close the
>second at run time I have to restart the aplication.  If you know the
>answer to this problem  please Write.  Thanks

in your code, use the following:

unload me

and then in the unload event put

set myform = nothing

Chuck Stuart - Mesquite TX USA
VBTrace 2.00 is a runtime Procedure Trace/XReference/Debug/Profiler and
much more tool for VB and is now in beta. Download beta version 2.00.12
from ftp.apexsc.com/pub/cgvb/visitor.

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 19:35:56 GMT
 ******Help*****

Quote:

> In visual basic 3.0 I usually close a form with the code:
> (form).hide.  This is inconvienent because If I accidently
> close the
> second at run time I have to restart the aplication.  If you
> know the
> answer to this problem  please Write.  Thanks

> in your code, use the following:

> unload me

> and then in the unload event put

> set myform = nothing

Just wondering why you need to Set myform = nothing.
Does it release memory used by the form or similar?

--
[ Name : Daniel Grealy              ]

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 04:08:01 GMT
 ******Help*****

Quote:

>      In visual basic 3.0 I usually close a form with the code:
>(form).hide.  This is inconvienent because If I accidently close the
>second at run time I have to restart the aplication.  If you know the
>answer to this problem  please Write.  Thanks

Did you check out the Unload method ??

TTYS Renegade.

Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:37:28 GMT
 ******Help*****

: >
: >      In visual basic 3.0 I usually close a form with the code:
: >(form).hide.  This is inconvienent because If I accidently close the
: >second at run time I have to restart the aplication.  If you know the
: >answer to this problem  please Write.  Thanks

: Did you check out the Unload method ??

: TTYS Renegade.

If you are likely to close the second then why not have it reshow
the first on close down.  I usually use a command button to clear
the child form, into the click_event I usually reshow the parent
form.  This way if the second form is closed the parent form will reappear,
alternatively use a message box, to remind the user that by closing the
second form they risk restarting the application.

Just a thought.

John M

Tue, 02 Sep 1997 05:48:34 GMT

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

2. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

3. Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help,

4. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELP

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HE LP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HELP

7. Help Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!

8. HELP HELP HELP Set document name of print job from VB HELP HELP HELP

9. HELP HELP HELP Early Binding Excel 5.0 HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. Help - Print - Help -Print - Help - Print - Help - Print - Help

12. help help help help help