send mail attachment with VB
Author Message
 send mail attachment with VB

Maurizio,

You can use our IDSMail component to send/receive E-mail with
attachments via any mail systems based on SMTP/POP3 (Internet mail),
MAPI, VIM (Lotus), MHS (Novell), Banyan VINES, or Active Messaging.  For
example, this code will send an internet mail message with a file

Dim idsMail as Object
Set idsMail = CreateObject("IDSMailInterface32.Server")
idsMail.ObjectKey = "ABC123"
idsMail.MailSystem =IDSM_SYS_SMTP_POP
idsMail.SMTPServer = "myprovider.com"
idsMail.NewMessage

idsMail.Subject = "Meeting Agenda"
idsMail.Message = "Here is the agenda for the weekly meeting."
idsMail.AddAttachment "C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC"
idsMail.Send

For more information on IDSMail, go to http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------

Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 send mail attachment with VB

Quote:
> Maurizio,

> You can use our IDSMail component to send/receive E-mail with
> attachments via any mail systems based on SMTP/POP3 (Internet mail),
> MAPI, VIM (Lotus), MHS (Novell), Banyan VINES, or Active Messaging.  For
> example, this code will send an internet mail message with a file

> Dim idsMail as Object
> Set idsMail = CreateObject("IDSMailInterface32.Server")
> idsMail.ObjectKey = "ABC123"
> idsMail.MailSystem =IDSM_SYS_SMTP_POP
> idsMail.SMTPServer = "myprovider.com"
> idsMail.NewMessage

> idsMail.Subject = "Meeting Agenda"
> idsMail.Message = "Here is the agenda for the weekly meeting."
> idsMail.AddAttachment "C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC"
> idsMail.Send

> For more information on IDSMail, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

$395?!?

Try http://www.marshallsoft.com instead, at least their price is reasonable.

--Dave

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 send mail attachment with VB
Dave,

You are comparing apples vs. oranges here.

The control you reference is only designed to work with SMTP/POP3
internet E-mail.  IDSMail is a universal E-mail component that not only
supports SMTP/POP3 but also any mail systems based on MAPI, VIM (Lotus),
MHS (Novell), Banyan VINES, or Active Messaging.

There are literally dozens of low-end components available that only
support internet mail.  But if you were to implement one for your
customer that used Lotus Notes (for example) you would have a
non-functioning E-mail interface.  When someone posts that they "want to
send E-mail" without specifying the type of mail system they are
interfacing to, the only option that is guaranteed to work, regardless
of their mail system, is IDSMail.

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------

Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 send mail attachment with VB
I've used idsMail very sucessfully in my commercial application "ERADS
(Electronic Remittance Advice Delivery System"

I have customers with Exchage, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, and SMTP.

The only problem I've had was with the SMTP, where I'm getting an error
message that idsMail hasn't been able to help me with.

For that customer, I also added SEE4VB, which is an SMTP only eMail control.
It worked fine at the customer I was having trouble with....

Helmar B. Herman

Quote:

>> Maurizio,

>> You can use our IDSMail component to send/receive E-mail with
>> attachments via any mail systems based on SMTP/POP3 (Internet mail),
>> MAPI, VIM (Lotus), MHS (Novell), Banyan VINES, or Active Messaging.  For
>> example, this code will send an internet mail message with a file

>> Dim idsMail as Object
>> Set idsMail = CreateObject("IDSMailInterface32.Server")
>> idsMail.ObjectKey = "ABC123"
>> idsMail.MailSystem =IDSM_SYS_SMTP_POP
>> idsMail.SMTPServer = "myprovider.com"
>> idsMail.NewMessage

>> idsMail.Subject = "Meeting Agenda"
>> idsMail.Message = "Here is the agenda for the weekly meeting."
>> idsMail.AddAttachment "C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC"
>> idsMail.Send

>> For more information on IDSMail, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

>$395?!?

>Try http://www.marshallsoft.com instead, at least their price is
reasonable.

>--Dave

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how i send attachment in the biginnig when sending the mail with olemsg32.dll

2. how to send mail with attachments via VB

3. Send Mail with VB with attachments

4. Cannot send attachments files to Yahoo or Mail.Com from VB

5. Cannot send attachments files to Yahoo or Mail.Com from VB

6. Cannot send attachments files to Yahoo or Mail.Com from VB

7. Error on sub (e-mail attachments/send)

8. Send SMTP mail (with attachments), without using Outlook

9. Sending e-mail with attachment from Access

10. Sending E-Mail attachments from Access

11. Send report as e-mail(attachment) Access97

12. Memory problems with A2K and Send to mail receipient as attachments RTF