Access controls during Form_Load
Author Message
 Access controls during Form_Load

Hi ,

How do I use controls that are to be loaded ? Here's my problem :

Form2 has a datacontrol on it .

Form1 calls Form2 ( load , frm.show ) . Inside the Form2_Load I call the
datacontrol to put some info on the screen . This gives me a runtime error .
How can I access this control in the form_load procedure ?

Thanks in advance ,

Princess Morgiah

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access controls during Form_Load
Some controls are not available int the form_load event
Try putting your code int the form_activate event instead

Quote:

>Hi ,

>How do I use controls that are to be loaded ? Here's my problem :

>Form2 has a datacontrol on it .

>Form1 calls Form2 ( load , frm.show ) . Inside the Form2_Load I call the
>datacontrol to put some info on the screen . This gives me a runtime error
.
>How can I access this control in the form_load procedure ?

>Thanks in advance ,

>Princess Morgiah

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access controls during Form_Load
Thanks ! I just moved the code from Form_Load to Form_Activate and it works
perfect !!!

Princess Morgiah

Quote:

>Some controls are not available int the form_load event
>Try putting your code int the form_activate event instead

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Form_load executing during shutdown

2. Format Data from bound control at Form_Load?

3. Winsocket Control, Form_Load, Form_Click

4. Data Control and "Form_Load"-Event

5. form_load jumps to control click event????

6. Access Violation error on NT4 during DAO read of Access 2.0 table

7. Controlling Controls During Run-Time

8. Excel won't release itself from memory during Access automation

9. Access denied during compilation

10. Access counter field value during AddNew

11. Null-Value during database access.

12. Changing Locked Property in Access 2.0 During Run Time