Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs
Author Message
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs

I am trying to use Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser, but they seem to
require that the user account has a password setup. If it does not, the API
functions do not work.

Does anyone know if there is a specific way to format the string if it is a
blank password, which is then passed as a long pointer to the string using
StrPtr(Password) in the API call.  I have tried settign the Password
variable to vbNullCHar, vbNullString, adding a space, everythign I could
think of, but no go.  As soon as I setup a password on the account, it works
fine.  Ideas anyone?

Mauro

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:41:48 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs
I am getting concerned with the lack of response to this question.  Someone
here must know something about this issue, or are the people here not as
smart (as a curve) as I thought?  :)  Am I as smart as the smartest person
here...? I doubt it, so prove it someone!

Mauro

Quote:
> I am trying to use Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser, but they seem to
> require that the user account has a password setup. If it does not, the
API
> functions do not work.

> Does anyone know if there is a specific way to format the string if it is
> blank password, which is then passed as a long pointer to the string using
> StrPtr(Password) in the API call.  I have tried settign the Password
> variable to vbNullCHar, vbNullString, adding a space, everythign I could
> think of, but no go.  As soon as I setup a password on the account, it
works
> fine.  Ideas anyone?

> Mauro

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:07:22 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs

Quote:
> I am getting concerned with the lack of response to this question.
Someone
> here must know something about this issue, or are the people here not as
> smart (as a curve) as I thought?  :)  Am I as smart as the smartest person
> here...? I doubt it, so prove it someone!

We're definitely too smart to be taken in by such a crude attempt at
phsychological manipulation ;-)

Mike

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:53:19 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs

Quote:
> I am trying to use Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser, but they seem to
> require that the user account has a password setup. If it does not, the
API
> functions do not work.

> Does anyone know if there is a specific way to format the string if it is
> blank password, which is then passed as a long pointer to the string using
> StrPtr(Password) in the API call.  I have tried settign the Password
> variable to vbNullCHar, vbNullString, adding a space, everythign I could
> think of, but no go.  As soon as I setup a password on the account, it
works
> fine.  Ideas anyone?

> Mauro

Mauro,

I haven't used these functions, and there is nothing in the MSDN docs that I
can find...  Since your passing StrPtr to a long, have you tried just
passing 0&?

CreateProcessWithLogon(strptr(user), strptr(domain), 0&, ......

Tom Shelton

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 04:05:44 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs

Quote:

>> I am getting concerned with the lack of response to this question.
>Someone
>> here must know something about this issue, or are the people here not as
>> smart (as a curve) as I thought?  :)  Am I as smart as the smartest person
>> here...? I doubt it, so prove it someone!

>We're definitely too smart to be taken in by such a crude attempt at
>phsychological manipulation ;-)

>Mike

CreateProcessWithLogon requires Windows 2000 or later and Win9x/ME are Not supported
and since I only use Winders 98 I have no reason to continue my education with such folly.
If me realizing this lack of functionallity in Winders 98 makes me smart then so be it...
If not then I guess I'm just a dunce...

Have a good day...

Don

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:24:17 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs
Darn....it was worth a shot...

How about out of the goodness of your heart then?  Beer?  Praise?

Mauro

Quote:

> > I am getting concerned with the lack of response to this question.
> Someone
> > here must know something about this issue, or are the people here not as
> > smart (as a curve) as I thought?  :)  Am I as smart as the smartest
person
> > here...? I doubt it, so prove it someone!

> We're definitely too smart to be taken in by such a crude attempt at
> phsychological manipulation ;-)

> Mike

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:04:06 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs
Gee...thanks...I get all e{*filter*}d that I finally got some responses, and this
is what I get?  Thanks alot people!

kidding around btw...

Mauro

Quote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:53:19 +0100, "Mike Williams"

> >> I am getting concerned with the lack of response to this question.
> >Someone
> >> here must know something about this issue, or are the people here not
as
> >> smart (as a curve) as I thought?  :)  Am I as smart as the smartest
person
> >> here...? I doubt it, so prove it someone!

> >We're definitely too smart to be taken in by such a crude attempt at
> >phsychological manipulation ;-)

> >Mike

> CreateProcessWithLogon requires Windows 2000 or later and Win9x/ME are Not
supported
> and since I only use Winders 98 I have no reason to continue my education
with such folly.
> If me realizing this lack of functionallity in Winders 98 makes me smart
then so be it...
> If not then I guess I'm just a dunce...

> Have a good day...

> Don

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:06:38 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs
Yup, tried that too....no luck.  Thanks for the response though...

Mauro

Quote:

> > I am trying to use Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser, but they seem
> > require that the user account has a password setup. If it does not, the
> API
> > functions do not work.

> > Does anyone know if there is a specific way to format the string if it
is
> > blank password, which is then passed as a long pointer to the string
using
> > StrPtr(Password) in the API call.  I have tried settign the Password
> > variable to vbNullCHar, vbNullString, adding a space, everythign I could
> > think of, but no go.  As soon as I setup a password on the account, it
> works
> > fine.  Ideas anyone?

> > Mauro

> Mauro,

> I haven't used these functions, and there is nothing in the MSDN docs that
> can find...  Since your passing StrPtr to a long, have you tried just
> passing 0&?

> CreateProcessWithLogon(strptr(user), strptr(domain), 0&, ......

> Tom Shelton

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:07:39 GMT
 Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:53:19 +0100, "Mike Williams"

Quote:

>> I am getting concerned with the lack of response to this question.
>Someone
>> here must know something about this issue, or are the people here not as
>> smart (as a curve) as I thought?  :)  Am I as smart as the smartest person
>> here...? I doubt it, so prove it someone!

>We're definitely too smart to be taken in by such a crude attempt at
>phsychological manipulation ;-)

Had he mantioned  the word "challenge"...  ;-)

As for the question,  i've never used it either but i did have a try
when i saw the question.
ME was totally unimpressed<g>, but NT (well, err.lastdllerror) told me
that my process didn't have the privilige. Who do i have to be logged
on as, ferking Bill Gates !?

Anyhoo, as Tom mentioned i'd try to rewrite the declaration to send in
a long and then send a 0&, but since my admin status is just not good
enough, i'll pass on trying that. :)

--

Regards, Frank

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:18:04 GMT

1. LogonUser API Impersonation to SQL Server

2. LogonUser API function - question

3. Trouble with LogonUser API

4. LogonUser API problem

5. Repost: Help with LogonUser API call needed

6. LogonUser API help

7. LogonUser API call help needed

8. LogonUser API

9. Pls Help! LogonUser API Problem

10. Using LogonUSer API fails

11. Cant get LogonUser() to work in VB (Win32 API)

12. How do I use Logonuser API in VB?