F1 key and context ID
Author Message
 F1 key and context ID

Hello,

I have a program whose help file runs fine from the menu selection via
showcontentstab().

When using F1 it brings up the wrong page.  I have all the controls
and forms for the main display set to 10, which is the ID of the
default help page.

Where is the relationship between F1 and context ID defined?  Should I
be processing for F1?

Kirk

Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:04:52 GMT
 F1 key and context ID
On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 07:04:52 -0800, 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

Quote:

>Hello,

>I have a program whose help file runs fine from the menu selection via
>showcontentstab().

>When using F1 it brings up the wrong page.  I have all the controls
>and forms for the main display set to 10, which is the ID of the
>default help page.

>Where is the relationship between F1 and context ID defined?  Should I
>be processing for F1?

>Kirk

Probably a little lean on info.

I'm using the lite version of Helpwriter.  I have verified that the VB
project info shows the proper help file and the proper contextID.  I
even added the help properties in code to reflect the same info.

I've checked contextID.bas and all the references there are correct.

I will go back and check all the property sheets for each control
again.

I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Kirk

Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:49:57 GMT
 F1 key and context ID
I used HTMLHelp workshop to create help for an ActiveX control which you can
download here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/tools/htmlhelp/wkshp/download_main.htm

There are many docs on how to use it on microsoft's site

Alex

Quote:
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 07:04:52 -0800, 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

> >Hello,

> >I have a program whose help file runs fine from the menu selection via
> >showcontentstab().

> >When using F1 it brings up the wrong page.  I have all the controls
> >and forms for the main display set to 10, which is the ID of the
> >default help page.

> >Where is the relationship between F1 and context ID defined?  Should I
> >be processing for F1?

> >Kirk

> Probably a little lean on info.

> I'm using the lite version of Helpwriter.  I have verified that the VB
> project info shows the proper help file and the proper contextID.  I
> even added the help properties in code to reflect the same info.

> I've checked contextID.bas and all the references there are correct.

> I will go back and check all the property sheets for each control
> again.

> I'm missing a setting somewhere.

> Kirk

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:14:29 GMT

1. Help context ID and F1 key

2. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

3. Problem with F1 context help!

4. F1 context sensitive help doesn't work on MDI child forms

5. context-sensitive (F1) help with pop-up menus

6. F1 does not bring up context-sensitive help

7. Disable F1 context help via API?

8. Need to disable F1 key.

9. Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

10. Can't get the HelpProvider to work with the F1 key

11. Capture F1 key input

12. F1 - F5 key calls...