Make VB let go of Excel?
Author Message
 Make VB let go of Excel?

Here's a short description of what happens.  VB starts, sends data and stops
Excel as needed. User has a vast library of Excel files that contain
configuration and data of previous tests that logged data from I/O card.
User chooses old Excel file that is similar to test getting ready to run.
Excel is started, name changed and saved as new test. Data is logged and
Excel is saved at end of test.  If user changes filename and runs new test
then ALL OK.  However if user chooses another old Excel file, I get
application error.

I can't seem to make VB let go of Excel completely.  If I look in task
manager (CTL-ALT-DEL) I see that Excel is still running.  What is wrong?

Here are my code snippets.......

--------------- Start Excel --------------------
    ' Configure and launch Excel
    Set xlApp = New excel.Application
    Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add
    Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
    Set xlWindow = xlApp.ActiveWindow
    xlApp.Visible = True
--------------- Stop Excel ---------------------
    xlApp.Quit
    Set xlApp = Nothing
    Set xlBook = Nothing
    Set xlSheet = Nothing
    Set xlWindow = Nothing

Tue, 27 May 2003 22:44:29 GMT

1. Word won't let go of Excel?

2. VB Won't Let Go

3. Making VB let of an Access db

4. Data Control Won't Let Go...

5. HScroll in User Control wont let go

6. Focus Won't Let Go (VB4.0)

7. LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF NOW--this has gone on long enough

8. Letting go of a DLL ?

9. HELP - Graphics Server Not Letting Go!!

10. Run does not let go Word

11. Please release me, let me go....

12. CRW Won't Let Go...