VB4.0 & Sybase Sys 10 Connect stmt
Author Message
 VB4.0 & Sybase Sys 10 Connect stmt

I'm trying to connect my Visual Basic 4.0 program to a Sybase System 10
database.

I've just currently installed Insolv's ODBC, but their settings to the ODBC.INI
file have changed dramatically.

Now my program doesn't connect to the database.  I've tested my computer
to see if it's connecting to the database ok thru MS Access, and everything
is ok from there.  I'm assuming that my data1.connect statement is incorrect
since that's where I get my ODBC failed error message.

The following shows the connect statement:

Data1.Connect="ODBC; DATABASE=asset; UID=jdoe; PWD=jdoe2; DSN=SYBASE;
LOGINTIMEOUT=30"

The following shows the lines in my ODBC.INI file:

[ODBC Data Sources]
CRDBM=CR DB2/2
CRXQL=CR NetWareSQL
CRORA=CR Oracle
CROR7=CR Oracle7
CRGUP=CR SQLBase
CRSS=CR SQLServer
SQL Server=SQL Server
asset=Sybase System 10

[asset]
Driver=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSYBW3.DLL
Description=asset Management DB
ServerName=SYBASE
Servers=
Database=asset
Databases=
LogonID=
InterfacesFile=
PasswordEncryption=
Charset=iso_1
HostName=
Language=
ApplicationName=
YieldProc=1 - None
OptimizePrepare=0 - None
ArraySize=50
SelectMethod=0 - Cursor
PacketSize=0
CursorCacheSize=1

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
-Sheryl Okuno

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

2. win95, vb4 pro 32bit, sybase 10, intersolv odbc, addchunk (image blobs)

3. VB4/Sybase System 10

4. vb4 RDO, intersolv odbc, and Sybase system 10

5. VB 3.0 /Sybase 10 Project

6. Sybase system 10 param queries

7. Sybase SQL Server 10.0.2 access problem.

8. Installing Sybase 10 ODBC for windows under WIN95

9. VB, ODBC, Sybase System 10, and Dynamic (real) SQL

10. help needed with VB 3.0 and Sybase SQLSever 10

11. Sybase 10 SQL Server

12. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10