using a ping response for conditional behaviour under visual basic
Author Message
 using a ping response for conditional behaviour under visual basic

Hi,
    I would like to know how to analize the response of a ping command to
launch or not a function. That is, if the ping did not work, launch a
function, and if it worked, wait to do the ping later. How do I get the
print out to screen to my vb program to work it?

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:18:12 GMT
 using a ping response for conditional behaviour under visual basic
otherwise, it can be redirected to a file, as time is not a real problem.
But still, how do I read the content of the text file to see if it said that
there was no response or not?

Quote:
> Hi,
>     I would like to know how to analize the response of a ping command to
> launch or not a function. That is, if the ping did not work, launch a
> function, and if it worked, wait to do the ping later. How do I get the
> print out to screen to my vb program to work it?

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:28:39 GMT
 using a ping response for conditional behaviour under visual basic
Allan

Go to http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ Code Library | Net Api | Internet and use
that code instead of the DOS Ping app.

regards

Ian

** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/
Tips & Tricks page http://tips.kingsoft-denmark.com/

Quote:
> otherwise, it can be redirected to a file, as time is not a real problem.
> But still, how do I read the content of the text file to see if it said
that
> there was no response or not?

> > Hi,
> >     I would like to know how to analize the response of a ping command
> > launch or not a function. That is, if the ping did not work, launch a
> > function, and if it worked, wait to do the ping later. How do I get the
> > print out to screen to my vb program to work it?

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:11:24 GMT

1. blocking behaviour of dblib from visual basic

2. VISUAL BASIC STRANGE BEHAVIOUR

3. Using visual basic controls outside a Visual Basic application

4. CeateObject behaviour in visual Basic

5. Ping through Visual basic application

6. Pinging with Visual Basic 5 Winsock Control

7. Ping and Visual Basic 5

8. Visual Basic PING Program

9. PING for Visual Basic

10. Ping Control For Visual Basic 6.0?

11. Conditional Response handling in Word Forms

12. Conditional response handling in a Word Form