VB4 / Excel 7 - Spreadsheet as DB wont update/refresh
Author Message
 VB4 / Excel 7 - Spreadsheet as DB wont update/refresh

I am opening a range of cells in an Excel 7 spreadsheet as a
database/recordsource. All of this is in code, no visible OLE objects.
After opening, I can change the value in a cell and some other cells
should automatically recalculate and display new values, they don't.
I can change the value, then open the spreadsheet in Excel and the
updated values are diplayed fine in the other cells, but I can't get
them to display in my VB form. I have tried closing the spreadsheet,
setting the database to NOTHING, and re-opening the spreadsheet with a
subsequent OpenDatabase call but it STILL displays the old values.
It seems that no matter what I do, the values that are present in the
spreadsheet when it is opened the FIRST time are the only ones to be
displayed, the only way I can see the new values is to close my VB app
and restart it, obviously this is no good.
Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ed Phillippe
**  Southern Indiana Bass Fishing / Outdoor Software  **
**     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dlion/mypage.htm    **

Sun, 17 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Import an Excel Spreadsheet and Update 4 related tables

2. Prompts to update links when opening Excel spreadsheet from Access

3. Please help identify active row in DDE update of Excel spreadsheet Gary G

4. Can't update Excel spreadsheet under Win95!?

5. ADO Code Will Not Update Excel Spreadsheet

6. Problems Updating Excel Spreadsheet using ADO and VB 6.0

7. Updating into Excel spreadsheet from VB

8. How do I update Excel Spreadsheet?

9. Updating an existing Excel Spreadsheet with VB6

10. Save embedded excel spreadsheet in access to excel file

11. DataGrid wont refresh

12. Crystal Reports Wont Refresh in VB exe.