Help: Lost my Data Control
Author Message
 Help: Lost my Data Control

I have been working with VB 3.0 Professional for some time now, but
didn't do anything with data bases.  Yesterday I started to experiment
with one, but when I started to drop the Data Control on the form it
wasn't in the tool box.

I checked with a friend who has it here at work on his computer and at
home on my computer, and it is there on both.

Apparently the functionality is there.  I tried the sample application
that came with VB and it runs just fine.  I also did a text edit and
copied the Data Control section out of the sample into my test form and
it works.

Can anybody tell me what to do to get the Data Control back in the Tool
Box?

Thanks,

Bill Gill

Mon, 03 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Lost my Data Control

Look in VB.INI  that's in c:\Windows. There should be a line that reads

                        DataAccess = 1

If it's not there or it is set to zero, change it and restart VB. This
should fix it. Why did it change? I don't know...

                                                Matt

Quote:
> I have been working with VB 3.0 Professional for some time now, but
> didn't do anything with data bases.  Yesterday I started to experiment
> with one, but when I started to drop the Data Control on the form it
> wasn't in the tool box.

> I checked with a friend who has it here at work on his computer and at
> home on my computer, and it is there on both.

> Apparently the functionality is there.  I tried the sample application
> that came with VB and it runs just fine.  I also did a text edit and
> copied the Data Control section out of the sample into my test form and
> it works.

> Can anybody tell me what to do to get the Data Control back in the Tool
> Box?

> Thanks,

> Bill Gill

Mon, 03 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP! I keep losing my Data Control

2. ListView control losing data

3. Lost data Control

4. Winsock control lost data

5. Toolbox lost the Data Control

6. Inet control report no error even when data is lost

7. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

8. Lost Access to Data Control

9. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery

10. Lost data with VB Winsock control and UDP GetData

11. ?Data bound controls lost binding after filtering

12. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery