Finding Timezone to Calculate GMT
Author Message
 Finding Timezone to Calculate GMT

I have a need to find a users timezone so that I can calculate GMT.  I am a pilot and I am
writing a program to fill out a flight plan, which requires all time designations to be in
GMT.  I know when you set your timezone it shows you the time in relationship the GMT
(i.e. Central Timezone = GMT minus 06:00 hours).  Is there a way I can get this info?

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:30:04 GMT
 Finding Timezone to Calculate GMT
    Actually, you don't need to figure out GMT. All machines clocks run in
GMT, and windows makes the conversion to local time from there, (I think).
But it doesn't matter because there's a demo at
http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/grouped_demos.htm#Date_&_Timezone

By the way, it's not usually called GMT now. Now it's called UTC for
Universal Time Coordinated, or something like that.

HTH,
Eric

Quote:
> I have a need to find a users timezone so that I can calculate GMT.  I am
a pilot and I am
> writing a program to fill out a flight plan, which requires all time

designations to be in
Quote:
> GMT.  I know when you set your timezone it shows you the time in

relationship the GMT
Quote:
> (i.e. Central Timezone = GMT minus 06:00 hours).  Is there a way I can get
this info?

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:10:52 GMT
 Finding Timezone to Calculate GMT
Go to http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ and do a search for UTC, and another for
GMT, for three examples.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

: I have a need to find a users timezone so that I can calculate GMT.  I am
a pilot and I am
: writing a program to fill out a flight plan, which requires all time
designations to be in
: GMT.  I know when you set your timezone it shows you the time in
relationship the GMT
: (i.e. Central Timezone = GMT minus 06:00 hours).  Is there a way I can get
this info?
:
:

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:57:03 GMT

1. How do you determine GMT time offset(bias) for another timezone

2. How do I determine the timezone offset from GMT

3. calculating the GMT from current time

4. how to calculate the GMT (greenwich mean time)

5. Calculate GMT Time with VBScript

6. GMT to ET and ET to GMT

7. API to find TimeZone

8. Finding user time and finder GMT

9. Help! Any API calls or controls to return Timezone (+-GMT) information???

10. Help! Any API calls or controls to return Timezone (+-GMT) information???

11. calculate dates calculate time

12. Does anyone know how to calculate the time in another timezone from within VB 5?