Threed32.OCX Causes Application Crash.
Author Message
 Threed32.OCX Causes Application Crash.

I'll get straight to the problem. I have been tasked to make one of
our applications keyboard controllable in Win95 (easy I
know......or so I tought). I made sure that no two similar letters
were ever underlined (for the accelerator keys), and included as
easy a convention for the user as possible. On completing this
task, I went through the testing and found that the application
crashed giving me the standard Win95 crash message:

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
down.    ......blah blah".

On cliking the 'Details' button, the information I get is as follows:

"XXXX.exe has caused an invalid page fault in module
THREED32.OCX at 0137:032929ad.   ...... and so on .... and so
on."

So I went back and re-assigned different characters where I got
the errors. Don't get me wrong, I got errors at all stages, it just
depended on the duration of operation until the crash occured. Lo
and behold, it still happened.

I have been checking this news group for some days now, as well
as checking the KB on VB4 CD (sorry, forgot to mention that we're
using VB4E so service packs are out of the question). I also
checked DejaNews and Windows95.com, but I either overlooked
something, or nobody seems to have ever had this problem. Any
ideas?

Oh yes, just two more very short queries:
a).  What does everybody mean by the term "w/" in their articles?
b).  Is there any tool to interpret such Win95 error messages, so
that people could better understand what's going on, or is this how
MS attract more "affordable.....trick" incidences?

Thanks in advance,

Marius Grigoriu

(Remove "NoTrash.")

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Threed32.OCX Causes Application Crash.

This looks like a good old Windows f/up and is probably NOT being caused by
what you are doing (shortcut keys), but is more likely to be a DLL problem.

Have you tried recompiling the ORIGINAL source on your machine without any
changes, and seeing if you still get the crash?  If so, it's your config.
If not, it's weird.  Try reinstalling VB, or installing VB on another
(preferably clean) machine and recompiling.

Also, even though there are no service packs for VB4, there ARE updates
(i.e. the old word for bug fixes).  Check the MS site.

Quote:
> "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
> down.    ......blah blah".

> Oh yes, just two more very short queries:
> a).  What does everybody mean by the term "w/" in their articles?

I always use "w/" to mean "with " - don't know about the rest of the world.

Quote:
> b).  Is there any tool to interpret such Win95 error messages, so
> that people could better understand what's going on, or is this how
> MS attract more "affordable.....trick" incidences?

Dr Watson makes the messages "more" understandable.  Still complete
gibberish tho.

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SSCommand-Threed32.OCX crashing my app - Please Help!

2. Threed32.Ocx - Threed32.Cab Download ?

3. VB5CCE created ocx causes VB4 to crash

4. MSCOMM in an OCX causes external app crash

5. MSCAL.OCX causes crash

6. New COMCTL32.OCX causes crashes

7. Multiple Crystal Ocx's causing crashes in NT

8. Flash 10 OCX update causing System Error crash in vb6 IDE

9. DataGrid Navigation Causes Application Crash

10. DBCombo causes the application to crash ...

11. ImgScan causes application to crash on exit

12. RDC method viewreport causes application to crash