FTP ASCII transfer
Author Message
 FTP ASCII transfer

Hi,
I'm trying to implement a simple FTP transfer using the inet.execute nethod
the problem I'm running into is with text files being sent as binary instead
of ASCII.
is there a way to set the FTP to do ASCII transfer with the GET command?

With Inet
    .URL = strUrl
    .Execute "GET file.txt c:\temp\temp.tmp"
End With

The clinet has LF only for text files while the server uses CR/LF
right now I'm parsing the received file but I would rather use the ASCII
method.

Thank you
PS: the openURL seems to hang my system

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FTP ASCII transfer

I have being trying to do similar (transfer data from EBCDIC to ASCII) while
the FTProtocol supports this the Microsoft Internet Transfer control does
not.

I have resorted to calling the API directly,  This is relatively easy with
only a few calls required, Only problem I have now is getting Callback to
work correctly.

Quote:

>Hi,
>I'm trying to implement a simple FTP transfer using the inet.execute nethod

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Forcing Inet to use ftp ASCII transfer

2. FTP ASCII Transfers

3. source code for FTP ASCII transfer.

4. ASCII ftp transfer

5. How do I transfer using ASCII in FTP

6. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII FTP

7. get unreable text file when using Internet Transfer Control to ftp(get) ascii fi

8. Ascii FTP Transfer

9. source code for FTP ASCII file transfer

10. ASCII FTP Using Internet Transfer Control

11. Internet Transfer Control - FTP ASCII Files

12. Ftp of ASCII files using Internet transfer Control