Error when accessing VB6 app in VB5
Author Message
 Error when accessing VB6 app in VB5

I create an application using VB5. I then accessed that same app in VB6 and
simply did a save. When I try to open the application back up in VB5 I receive
and error message "'Retained' is an invalid key". I noticed that when I saved
the project in VB6, VB6 put a 'Retained=0' line in my VBP file.

I simply removed this statement and can now open the project in VB5. Does
anyone know what this is all about? Any way to tell VB6 NOT to put this
statement in the VBP file?

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error when accessing VB6 app in VB5
VB maintains upward compatibility but not downward. Loading a VB1 (or
higher) project into VB6 and then saving gets the files rewritten in VB6
format. There is no option in VBx to write to VBx-1 format.
Quote:

>I create an application using VB5. I then accessed that same app in VB6 and
>simply did a save. When I try to open the application back up in VB5 I
receive
>and error message "'Retained' is an invalid key". I noticed that when I
saved
>the project in VB6, VB6 put a 'Retained=0' line in my VBP file.

>I simply removed this statement and can now open the project in VB5. Does
>anyone know what this is all about? Any way to tell VB6 NOT to put this
>statement in the VBP file?

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error when accessing VB6 app in VB5

I'm just curious, what VB version projects can be loaded by VB6?

DoDi

Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. installing VB6 apps breaks VB? - VB5 apps

2. Error installing VB5 app - registry error

3. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

4. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

5. Question: accessing a stored Access query from VB5 app

6. Standalone Apps with VB5 or VB6 ?

7. Upgrade app. from VB5 to VB6

8. Converting VB5 DB apps to VB6?

9. VB6 app calls up VB5 runtime????? (help)

10. Compile VB5 app in VB6 - Problems?

11. Localizing VB5 / VB6 app

12. VB6 vers VB5 in cgi apps