VB4 is slow..slow....slow
Author Message
 VB4 is slow..slow....slow

My impression of VB4 is totally negative.  It is bloated.  The
readme with the 32-bit version says, in effect:

'vb4 uses ole like nothing else out there' - 'this takes a lot
of space since VB4 mut loat it' - 'it (OLE kernal) should be
part of the OS and isn't...but it will be' - 'until then, tough
it out'... 'expect things to be slow until the nirvana of a
completed win95'

COME ON!!!!!

--

Roger A. Kendall
Music Perception and Cognition and Musical Acoustics Laboratory

Sun, 29 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

2. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

3. SLOW - ADO ASP FOXPRO CDX - SLOW

4. It gets slower and slower.....

5. Why am I so Slow

6. My VB4 app is VERY slow to retrieve Data

7. ODBC 3.5 may slow down the VB4 or VB5 to access MS SQL6.5

8. VB4 + ODBC + VFP3 = very slow data flow ?

9. Slow Database Updates in VB4.0

10. Slow string searches in VB4

11. VB4 And OLE causing Slow Clock

12. Very slow printing in VB4