Keyboard capture
Author Message
 Keyboard capture

Hello, I've been working a little over the last few years with VB but do not
know that much about it. I was wondering how to write a program in VB that
would capture keyboard input, put it in a text file and pass the keystroke
on to the program running. Is there a way to have a VB program in the
background doing this. Thank you for the help.

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard capture

Quote:
> Hello, I've been working a little over the last few years with VB but do not
> know that much about it. I was wondering how to write a program in VB that
> would capture keyboard input, put it in a text file and pass the keystroke
> on to the program running. Is there a way to have a VB program in the
> background doing this. Thank you for the help.

Yes, it's possible - but you need to write a 'hook' dll which gets placed in
the system call chain to catch the keystrokes as they get passed down the
chain. This hook then sends messages to your VB app containing the keystroke
character. The only problem is that I don't think you can write the hook in
VB - I used C++. This may not be true of VB5 (we're VB4). I'm not sure why
you can't do it - it just doesn't work in VB!

If you want examples try searching for 'hook dll' in Deja - you may find
someone else has posted one - I did.

Jeremy Taylor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. keyboard capture

2. Keyboard capturing

3. Keyboard Capture

4. Keyboard capturing

5. Capturing the keyboard key that was pressed

6. capture keyboard events without interfering with apps

7. How capture weird input from keyboard?

8. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

9. Keyboard: How do you capture Win keys?

10. Capture keyboard in loop

11. How can I capture keyboard and mouse inputs

12. Capturing Keyboard Event