saving file to different program file extension
Author Message
 saving file to different program file extension

I am creating an application, is similar to an existing program, I would
like to allow the user to save the file with my application format or the
similar program extension, so the other program could use it too.  Is this
possible ?, I opened the other application file with notepad and it show the
info it saves there.

Hipolito

Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:14:37 GMT
 saving file to different program file extension

Quote:
>I am creating an application, is similar to an existing program, I would
>like to allow the user to save the file with my application format or the
>similar program extension, so the other program could use it too.  Is this
>possible ?, I opened the other application file with notepad and it show the
>info it saves there.

As long as the file format your application uses is identical to the
other application's, it won't be a problem.
Exactly where are you stuck ? On the format or on the saving part of
the code ?

Regards, Frank

Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:27:12 GMT

1. Save as file extension....

2. register program with any file extension

3. Linking file extension to my program ?

4. Retrieving the associated program for a given file extension

5. Running associated program based on file extension

6. Associating a file extension to a program

7. Saving a range in a different file format

8. DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)

9. Saving a file in a different name

10. Saving in different file formats

11. Saving as different file types

12. Saving Rpt in different file format