tabctl32.ocx
Author Message
 tabctl32.ocx

my programm works fine on my own computer,
but if i try to run it on an other computer
this error-message appears:
"Failed to load SSTab from Tabctl32.ocx Your Version of Tabctl32.ocx may be outdatet"
--
Marc

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 04:41:45 GMT
 tabctl32.ocx
That is most likely the case. It is outdated. Create an install for other
computers that would include ( and update if newer ) the tabctl32.ocx file.

Quote:
> my programm works fine on my own computer,
> but if i try to run it on an other computer
> this error-message appears:
> "Failed to load SSTab from Tabctl32.ocx Your Version of Tabctl32.ocx may
be outdatet"
> --
> Marc

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:04:16 GMT
 tabctl32.ocx

Quote:
> That is most likely the case. It is outdated. Create an install for other
> computers that would include ( and update if newer ) the tabctl32.ocx file.

> > my programm works fine on my own computer,
> > but if i try to run it on an other computer
> > this error-message appears:
> > "Failed to load SSTab from Tabctl32.ocx Your Version of Tabctl32.ocx may
> be outdatet"
> > --
> > Marc

is there any possibility to include "Tabct132.ocx" in my exe-file?
--
Marc

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:36:36 GMT
 tabctl32.ocx
Quote:

>is there any possibility to include "Tabct132.ocx" in my exe-file?
>--
>Marc

No - but you can get rid of the damn thing.

The thing about the ssTab control is that it gives you pages on which
you can place controls.  The basic MS Tabstrip is just that - no
containers for controls.  You use Frames and show or hide the frames
programatically.

However the MS Tabstrip control also requires an OCX - the additional
Common Controls OCX

My solution is to get rid of the lot and simulate the Tabstrip by
drawing directly on a Usercontrol - I've seen another version that
'makes one' out of lines and labels.

If you want to use Frames or Usercontrols to hold the pages displayed
by the Tabs then (provided you do not use any other arcane controls)
you can get away with just distributing your Exe and MSVBVM60.DLL
You will not *need* a Setup.

If you want to go that way - I'll post my version here.

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:34:46 GMT

1. Tabctl32.ocx dependency file (Tabctl32.deb)

2. Problems with COMDLG32.OCX and TABCTL32.OCX

3. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

4. Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..

5. Help Tabctl32.ocx

6. TABCTL32.OCX old and new version

7. coloured LISTVIEW elements using subclassing - doesn`t work when using tabctl32.ocx

8. HELP : UNWILLING TABCTL32.OCX

9. TabCtl32.Ocx Problems

10. Where to get TABCTL32.OCX

11. App.PrevInstance bug due to TABCTL32.OCX ?

12. App set up and trouble with tabctl32.ocx