Help Need to Exe a DOS exe from VB4 and return output
Author Message
 Help Need to Exe a DOS exe from VB4 and return output

Help.  I need to execute a DOS exe program from VB4.  The DOS program runs
and returns a text message to the screen.  I need to capture the text
message and return it to VB4.  I can't find a way of returning value if
using shell.

Thanx for any help in advance.

Thu, 29 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Need to Exe a DOS exe from VB4 and return output

Quote:
>Help.  I need to execute a DOS exe program from VB4.  The DOS program runs
>and returns a text message to the screen.  I need to capture the text
>message and return it to VB4.  I can't find a way of returning value if
>using shell.

One Solution:

You could have your DOS app write to a temporary text file, and read
the text file when control returns to VB.

Regards,

R.A. Skehan

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting output of DOS exe's.

2. Execute Dos type *.EXE from VB and Capture Output Stream

3. Help, need to run a DOS *.exe in a VB6 SDI Frame

4. I need help with BC.EXE and LINK.EXE

5. how to get a return value from a exe to DOS

6. how to get a return value from a exe program to DOS (string)

7. how to get a return value from a exe to DOS

8. Putting a DOS Application Inside my VB EXE, Then run it and get what it returns

9. DOS EXE return Code

10. VB4.0 calling a DOS exe

11. Running a Dos .exe with arguments in VB4

12. VB4 Application Setup Wizard doesn't include Racmgr32.exe or Autmgr32.exe