Repost: Help with LogonUser API call needed
Author Message
 Repost: Help with LogonUser API call needed

Hi there,

        I'm trying to authenticate users by calling LogonUserA from the
advapi32.dll (WinNT), but I am not having much success.  I took the API
call from the API viewer, which wrongly calls the DLL from kernel32.dll,
and have provided the options I think were necessary.  As I step through
the call, nothing seems to happen and the return value is 0, indicating
failure.

        Have any of you had success with this call?  I'm sure I'm not the
first to have this need.  Thanks in advance.

-Doug

Tue, 01 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Repost: Help with LogonUser API call needed

You must be given permission to call this function by the network
administrator.

Quote:
>        I'm trying to authenticate users by calling LogonUserA from the
>advapi32.dll (WinNT), but I am not having much success.  I took the API
>call from the API viewer, which wrongly calls the DLL from kernel32.dll,
>and have provided the options I think were necessary.  As I step through
>the call, nothing seems to happen and the return value is 0, indicating
>failure.

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. LogonUser API call help needed

2. LogonUser API call help.

3. How to use LogonUser API Call?

4. LogonUser API call in Windows 95/98 / How do you use Secur32.dll/Security.dll

5. NT LogonUser API call for Win95

6. How to use LogonUser API Call?

7. How to use LogonUser API Call?

8. LogonUser API call in Windows 95/98 / How do you use Secur32.dll/Security.dll

9. NT LogonUser API call for Win95

10. How to use LogonUser API Call?

11. NT User Name / Password (LogonUser API Call)

12. Help!!! Need help with Menu API calls