Acrobat files within Visual Basic?
Author Message
 Acrobat files within Visual Basic?

Hi!

Has anyone ever made an application in Visual Basic that shows an
Acrobat (PDF) file within the application. I am able to do this with
OLE and Acrobat Exchange, but I would like to do it with only the
Reader (and OLE) or the OCX shipped with Acrobat Reader 3.0.

What ever I try (OCX or OLE with Acrobat Reader) the only thing I get
is "You are not authorized to use..." or "Application missing...".

Does anyone of you know how to do this or know were to get the
information?

Kindly Regards!

Jan Kronekvist

Tue, 03 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Acrobat files within Visual Basic?

Quote:
> Has anyone ever made an application in Visual Basic that shows an
> Acrobat (PDF) file within the application. I am able to do this with
> OLE and Acrobat Exchange, but I would like to do it with only the
> Reader (and OLE) or the OCX shipped with Acrobat Reader 3.0.

> What ever I try (OCX or OLE with Acrobat Reader) the only thing I get
> is "You are not authorized to use..." or "Application missing...".

I am not using VB. But I successfully did this with VC++ 4.2 and Delphi 2.

Best Regards

Michael
--

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Acrobat files within Visual Basic?

Quote:

>Hi!
>Has anyone ever made an application in Visual Basic that shows an
>Acrobat (PDF) file within the application. I am able to do this with
>OLE and Acrobat Exchange, but I would like to do it with only the
>Reader (and OLE) or the OCX shipped with Acrobat Reader 3.0.
>What ever I try (OCX or OLE with Acrobat Reader) the only thing I get
>is "You are not authorized to use..." or "Application missing...".
>Does anyone of you know how to do this or know were to get the
>information?
>Kindly Regards!
>Jan Kronekvist

Hi jan, mark here.
I am currently working on a similiar project - the only REAL way
to get this to work is purchase full-blown Acrobat; this will enable
the OLE hooks you need to display stuff in vb.

The docs on their site can be somewhat confusing - but if you
want, I can email them to you.

I came to the above conclusion after spending N hours on hold
for their tech support, only to speak to someone who told
me that the full developer program was the best way to go.

At the low, low price of approx 2k per year.

As if.

So much for "open standards"

email me if you want more info

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Acrobat files within Visual Basic?

Quote:

> >Hi!

> >Has anyone ever made an application in Visual Basic that shows an
> >Acrobat (PDF) file within the application. I am able to do this with
> >OLE and Acrobat Exchange, but I would like to do it with only the
> >Reader (and OLE) or the OCX shipped with Acrobat Reader 3.0.

> >What ever I try (OCX or OLE with Acrobat Reader) the only thing I get
> >is "You are not authorized to use..." or "Application missing...".

> >Does anyone of you know how to do this or know were to get the
> >information?

> >Kindly Regards!

> >Jan Kronekvist

> Hi jan, mark here.
> I am currently working on a similiar project - the only REAL way
> to get this to work is purchase full-blown Acrobat; this will enable
> the OLE hooks you need to display stuff in vb.

> The docs on their site can be somewhat confusing - but if you
> want, I can email them to you.

> I came to the above conclusion after spending N hours on hold
> for their tech support, only to speak to someone who told
> me that the full developer program was the best way to go.

> At the low, low price of approx 2k per year.

> As if.

> So much for "open standards"

> email me if you want more info

Hi Mark,

My name is Ted DiSilvestre and I just started as the Manager of Acrobat
Developer Support a few months ago. I believe the Adobe Acrobat Plug-ins
Program was revamped 5 or 6 months ago and I thought I'd update you on
our pricing.

Within the US, Canada and Europe the annual membership fee is now
US$495, outside of these countries it's US$695. We've also reduced
prices on the Reader Plug-ins Program and the Acrobat Developer Class.

Please look over <http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/devrelations/> and
feel free to let me know what else we can do to help developers working
with Acrobat technologies.

Thanks,

Ted

 Manager, Acrobat Developer Support
 Adobe Systems, Inc.                 <http://www.adobe.com/>

Fri, 13 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help:(Immediate) Reading Pdf (acrobat reader) files from Visual Basic

2. Run an external File (EXE) within Visual Basic

3. Viewing Excel Files within Visual Basic 6

4. How do i use the INI file function within Visual Basic

5. Visual Basic Error Since Loading Acrobat

6. Adobe Acrobat and Visual Basic Problems

7. Acrobat 3.01 and Visual Basic Error

8. Adobe Acrobat reader and Visual Basic

9. Visual Basic and Adobe Acrobat

10. Acrobat Visual Basic 3.0 Tutorials -- Paul Brown?

11. Visual Basic with Acrobat Reader on 3.11

12. Help with Visual Basic ActiveX DLL showing form within Visual C++ app