Wanting to learn VB
Author Message
 Wanting to learn VB

I have been told that the differences between VB and QBasic (as far as
code structure is concerned) is very small. I have a book, QBasic in 21
days that seemed pretty good to me. Published by Sams, author is
Shammas. Some please correct me if I am wrong about VB and QB.

Bill Ripley

Fri, 21 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanting to learn VB

You are *very* wrong.  There is a world of difference between the two --
most importantly is the way you even approach the problem.

Shelly

Quote:
> I have been told that the differences between VB and QBasic (as far as
> code structure is concerned) is very small. I have a book, QBasic in 21
> days that seemed pretty good to me. Published by Sams, author is
> Shammas. Some please correct me if I am wrong about VB and QB.

> Bill Ripley

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanting to learn VB

Quote:
>I have been told that the differences between VB and QBasic (as far as
>code structure is concerned) is very small. I have a book, QBasic in 21
>days that seemed pretty good to me. Published by Sams, author is
>Shammas. Some please correct me if I am wrong about VB and QB.

That was true up to VB3.  The only differences in code structure were
with the declaration of variables and subs/functions.  Obviously all the
visual side is new, and there are some new variables and functions like
True, False and Trim$().

But VB4 is more into objects, classes and collections.

--
Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Gwent, UK
"Pas de lieu Rhone que nous",  Sam Lloyd

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanting to learn VB 6?

2. Can you help a 16 yr old Wanting to learn VB 4

3. Wanting to learn VB...

4. Anyone wants to learn VB

5. Newbie wants to Learning VBA

6. Testers for multilanguage learning program wanted!

7. Wanted: VB5 Learning Version

8. Newbie--Wants to learn about RTF

9. Begginer wants to learn

10. Wanting to learn Visual Basic

11. Wanting to learn Visual Basic, need help....

12. Wants To Learn VBScript