Am I running in design-time ?
Author Message
 Am I running in design-time ?

Robert -
     This isn't my code, and I wish I could credit the author but I don't
know where I first saw it.  Anyway, this is the general idea:

Function InIDE () As Boolean

  On Error Resume Next

  Debug.Print 1/0

  InIDE = (Err <> 0)

End Function

   This relies on the fact that Debug.Print statements are not included in
the compiled app (unless they reference another function).

--
     Jim Mack
     MicroDexterity, Inc

      http://www.*-*-*.com/

     Fax:  +1 734-453-8942

Quote:

> How can I detect if my app is running in design-time, or from an EXE ?

> Thanks,
>    Robert Lees

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Assign a treeview at design run time to other at design time

2. Code running in design time or run-time?

3. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

4. getting run-time behavior of a contained control in a user control at design time

5. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

6. Design time vs Run time

7. Run Time vs Design Time - No Current Record

8. MsgBox pauses App at Design time but not run time

9. Design Time vs Run Time

10. design-time functionality at run-time

11. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time

12. VB5, Run-time much slower than Design-time