How to obtain local network NetBIOS computer names?
Author Message
 How to obtain local network NetBIOS computer names?

Hello,

I'm working on a program to keep an inventory of our machines here and
I would like the program to initialize its database by gathering the
names of the machines on the local network.  Can this be done in
Visual Basic and if so, how?  I don't need a solution in a box, only
pointers at which API functions could do the trick.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Eric.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Adding local NetBIOS name - ARGH!

2. Adding local NetBIOS name - ARGH!

3. Obtaining the names of local harddrives only.

4. Help Obtaining Local Drive UNC or Share Name

5. Obtaining Computer IP on network

6. Obtaining Computer Name

7. How to obtain a computer name?

8. Obtaining the name of the remote computer connecting to Terminal Services

9. how can I obtain all names of computers from workgroup

10. posting a message in other computer in a local area network

11. How do I find all Computers on the Local Network

12. How do I retreive the Local Computer name?