need some serious help (vb5 pro program)
Author Message
 need some serious help (vb5 pro program)

Hello,
   I am currently working on a program in VB5 Pro and am using the
included MS installer to build the installation package.  This is all
being done on windows 98.  On my old setup (before I reinstalled win98
yesterday) I could compile/run and install the program on my machine
without any problems.  Today I can compile it and can run the exe, but
once I create the install program and install it on my machine the
program just hangs.  It hangs on the splash screen.  I didn't change
any code that would affect the loading of the program either.  If I
install an earlier package that I made (from before the reinstall) it
will run fine.  I am extremely confused.  Please respond to the
newsgroup.

Thanks,
Peter Pappas

The Digital Foundry
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 need some serious help (vb5 pro program)

Quote:
>Hello,
>   I am currently working on a program in VB5 Pro and am using the
>included MS installer to build the installation package.  This is all
>being done on windows 98.  On my old setup (before I reinstalled win98
>yesterday) I could compile/run and install the program on my machine
>without any problems.  Today I can compile it and can run the exe, but
>once I create the install program and install it on my machine the
>program just hangs.  It hangs on the splash screen.  I didn't change
>any code that would affect the loading of the program either.  If I
>install an earlier package that I made (from before the reinstall) it
>will run fine.  I am extremely confused.  Please respond to the
>newsgroup.

>Thanks,
>Peter Pappas

>The Digital Foundry
>http://www.thedigitalfoundry.com

Got it all under control now.  Thanks guys.

later,
Peter Pappas

The Digital Foundry
http://www.thedigitalfoundry.com

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. [NEED SERIOUS HELP! ...VB 5.0 Pro Question]

2. [NEED SERIOUS HELP! ...VB 5.0 Pro Question]

3. SERIOUS PROBLEM RUNNING VB4 PROGRAMS IN VB5

4. VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs

5. VB5(Pro) Crashes Help needed urgentlly

6. VB5.0 Pro - Help/Advice needed

7. Need help with VB5(pro) and Sybase SQLAnywhere5.0

8. Help needed with VB 3 Pro to VB 5 Pro upgrade

9. Serious help needed w/ huge complex DB

10. serious problem - need help on disposed object error

11. Need serious help across multiple languages

12. serious help needed